Staff Associate/Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor in Physical/ Analytical Environmental/ and Organic Chemistry (4 positions)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the posts of Staff Associate/Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor in Physical/Analytical/Environmental/Organic Chemistry in the Department of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering at the University of Malawi.
Applicants must possess the following qualifications:
1. Applicants for the post of Staff Associate should have a first-degree majoring in chemistry with credit or distinction.
2. Applicants for the post of Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/ Associate Professor/ Professor must be holders of a Masters or Doctorate degree in Physical/Analytical/Environmental/Organic Chemistry or any relevant field obtained from an institution recognized by the University of Malawi
3. Applicants for the post of Senior Lecturer/ Associate Professor/ Professor must also have a good track record of publications in their field of expertise and must show evidence of initiative in research in their area of specialization
Duties and responsibilities
Successful candidates for this position will be undertaking, among others, the following duties:
1. Teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students.
2. Conducting research in their area of specialization.
3. Participating in departmental, school, and university-wide committees.
4. Being part of academic consultants within the broader areas of the department.
5. Participating in outreach programs of the department.
Applications stating the post being applied for, including detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates and names of three traceable referees should be submitted to:
University of Malawi
P.O. Box 280
To reach him not later than 27th October 2023 Only short-listed applications will be acknowledged.